I’ve had a draft of Monday Inspiration since January 30 of this year. I’ve been trying to get my brain right with a ton of changes I’ve gone through along with my family in the last year. Every time I felt like I could handle shit, here comes something else. I haven’t been doing well with the constant change. I’ve prepared to write a post a ton of times but it always came in second to a Netflix binge-watch or the ultimate winner: sleep. The good thing is, I’m starting to find pockets of time that are becoming consistent with a set routine. And that is exciiiiiiting! Even though I’ve been gone for a long ass time, I have managed to do more than just sleep.
- Saw Louis C.K. live in D.C.
- Saw Tears for Fears and Hall and Oates live in concert.
- Went to Adobe MAX and got to hear Quentin Tarantino and Zac Posen speak!
- Participated in the #the100dayproject with #peetydrawson100books.
- Finally designed a website for myself.
- Applied for the Adobe Creative Residency (I didn’t get it) and fleshed out a few projects I’m going to try and push forward on my own.
- I drew this while watching Fight Club and now I want to do this for all my fave movies.
- Went to the Women’s March with Vee in D.C.
- Made this fruit bowl.
- Listened to quite a few audiobooks. Will share these in a later post.
- Listened to the S-Town podcast.
- Saw the Infinity Mirrors exhibition with Vee in D.C.
- Visited the Natural History and Air and Space museum in D.C.
- Spent the day at the National Zoo.
- Started using Headspace.
- Added a few more things to my Etsy shop.
- Did some binge-watching and also watched a few crazy things like The Keepers , The Handmaid’s Tale and Mommy Dead and Dearest.
- Balanced out the insanity with Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King and Chris D’elia: Man on Fire.
This past weekend was spent at a local waterpark with friends and a trip to IKEA yesterday. I need all kinds of organizational ideas for our home but really, I was feigning some Swedish meatballs and man, did they deliver. So, in the end, I’m ready to try and see if I can start this sharing and encapsulating my life thing again on Peety Blogs. Thanks for sticking around and for those just joining, welcome welcome.
I’m getting so obsessed with enamel pins. They remind me of the band and punk buttons I used to collect in high school. Here are a few I want to add to my collection: 1) Draw Something 2) Nah 3) Nap Queen 4) Introvert and 5) Fuzzy Legs.
This book has been out for a while but it doesn’t make me want it any less.
I love this visual essay by Debbie Millman.
People are sharing photos of real-life places that look like they belong in a Wes Anderson film.
Love the idea behind this notebook.
Currently listening to this audiobook.
I’ve bookmarked this article on change so I haven’t read it, yet, but it looks like a good one.
Pre-order Adam J. Kurtz’s book available October 2017.
Check out the new typeface on Lost Type Co-op.